Most people never think about plumbing maintenance. They only call a plumber when something goes wrong. Let’s face it, plumbers are expensive. Why spend money when everything is working fine?
There are three reasons to consider a maintenance plan:
- Lowering the total cost of plumbing repairs over the life of your home
- Prevent wasted water due to small leaks
- Preventing costly damage to your home and finishings.
In Marin County, the second one is by far the most common reason my customers want plumbing maintenance. Many Marin homes have expensive floors covered with priceless rugs. Plus, other fine finishings such as wallcoverings and moldings can also be damaged by a plumbing disaster.
While insurance may cover most of these costs, my clients are busy people whose time is valuable. Dealing with an avoidable plumbing emergency takes time and is distracting to say the least. For this reason, they choose to avoid plumbing emergencies (as much as possible) by having me perform regular maintenance.
Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
- check Sump Pump operation – annually
- Inspect connections and Flush Water Heater
- Perform drain cleaning & check for clogs and obstructions
- Check Water Pressure
- Check for toilet leaks and proper operation
- Check faucets & fixtures for drips and corrosion
- Inspect washing machine hoses, valves, and drain
- Inspect dishwasher and garbage disposal for proper operation
- Check Irrigation system for proper operation & leaks
- Inspect Sewer Line with Drain Vision camera
Call me to set up a periodic maintenance plan
Avoid plumbing problems with regular maintenance, call me 415-883-1243 and let me make it easy and worry-free.